Austin Robbery Charge Defense Attorneys
Our Travis County criminal defense lawyers provide the aggressive representation needed to help you avoid the penalties associated with a robbery conviction.
Law enforcement is aggressive in pursuing theft crimes in Texas. In terms of the charges filed for these types of offenses, robbery is among the most serious. In addition to the criminal penalties you face, which include fines and a potential jail sentence, your charges can have long-term impacts on other areas of your life. At Granger and Mueller PC, we work hard to protect you and your rights in these situations. As Travis County criminal defense lawyers with more than 25 years of experience, we provide the strong, aggressive legal representation you need to help you avoid a conviction.
Any type of theft crime in Texas is a serious matter, but robbery charges are among the most severe. Under Section 29.01 of the Texas Penal Code , there are two elements to this crime:
● Committing a theft of property, money, documents, or anything of value, or simply having a clear intent to commit a theft;
● Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causing harm to others or threatening to cause harm during the implementation of the crime.
Robbery crimes are considered a felony in the second degree, which carries fines of up to $10,000 and a prison sentence of between two and 20 years. In the event you did actually cause harm to another person during the robbery or the person you threatened was disabled or over the age of 65, you could be facing aggravated robbery charges.
These are an even more serious matter, with penalties that include a jail sentence of between five and 99 years. When facing this type of sentence and the impact it can have on both you and your loved ones, you need our Austin criminal defense lawyer fighting hard on your behalf.
At Granger and Mueller PC, we know that in addition to the criminal penalties you face for robbery, these types of criminal charges can have a significant impact on every area of your life. With a felony charge as part of your permanent criminal record, you could have problems obtaining a job, housing, or getting an education.
Our Travis County robbery defense lawyers provide the professional legal guidance you need in this situation, defending your rights in the Travis County Criminal Courts . Efforts we can take on your behalf include:
● Reviewing the circumstances surrounding your arrest and the evidence against you;
● Negotiating with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or dismissed;
● Gathering witness statements, videotape, and other evidence in favor of your innocence;
● Effectively arguing your case in front of a judge or jury;
● Appealing any decisions made in court and arguing for a reduced sentence.
If you are facing criminal charges for robbery, your first call should be to Granger and Mueller PC. Contact our Travis County criminal defense lawyers today and request a consultation to discuss how we can help you.